Does that sound like you? Great! You might be a fit for this position. 🙂
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and/or Lightning Network
- Familiarity with basic infosec concepts.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Minimum 4 years of programming experience using more than one programming language.
- Excited to learn new tools and new ways of programming.
- Are able to get up and running with Group Income development because you find the instructions trivial to follow.
- Know how to submit pull requests.
- Are self-taught and are constantly pushing yourself to expand your knowledge and skill set.
- You are not intimidated by anything written above.
- Able to commit at least 15 hours per week for the next 6 months or so. We do weekly video chats on Monday at 8am Pacific Time.
- Are excited by what we’re creating.
- Familiarity with Hapi.js web framework, or the ability to pick it up quickly
- Familiarity with web sockets, or the ability to pick them up quickly
What to expect
Have a look at our Github Project and existing pull requests. Our development process involves in-depth review and testing to catch as many bugs as we can before any code makes its way into user’s hands to ensure the highest level of quality. Be prepared for potentially multiple rounds of PR reviews, and be prepared to also review other people’s code.
- In Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Zcash (ZEC) or Monero (XMR) preferred (most of our donations are crypto). We can pay in USD if there is no other way.
- Everyone who contributes meaningful work to the project will be added to the Group Income Developers group for 1 year following its launch, which will provide a mincome of some amount to its members. There will be around 7 to 10 reserved, lifetime* seats that will be given to the top contributors to Group Income as of its 1.0 launch. About 5 or 6 of these seats have already been locked in for existing contributors to date.
* A lifetime seat means that person cannot be voted out of the group.
Here’s how to maximize your chances of getting the position
- Use the nav bar to look through the pages on this website (maybe watch some videos, read some posts). Decide whether this project excites you. We’re only looking for people who are genuinely interested/excited in what we’re creating.
- Proceed to Application Instructions below and apply as soon as you can.
- Send an email to email@example.com telling us:
- Why you think you’re a great fit for this position.
- What, if anything, you think you might have trouble with (be honest).
- Link(s) to portfolio(s) if you have any.
- How long you’ve been a developer and what programming languages you know.
- Any questions/concerns you have.
- How soon you’ll be able to start.
- Install Keybase and send a copy of that email to greg.
We should respond back within a week or so of receiving your application (depending on how many responses we’ve received so far).