After a long search, we found our dev: please welcome Victor Morrow as our new lead frontend developer.
Victor is an amazing human being and developer. A resident of D.C., he’s made great contributions to the same area our team has been working in for quite some time.
I first met Victor a few months ago at the Internet Archive’s Decentralized Web Summit. There he presented his project Prometheus, a system that shares the same spirit as Group Income. So it’s both an honor and quite fortuitous that we’re now able to work together full-time on Group Income.
Here’s our current plan. Some of these items we may do sequentially or together:
- Finish and bring the centralized prototype to a usable state.
- Build a community of users and volunteers around the project.
- Run live tests with real groups to find out what helps groups succeed in establishing a long-term basic income (or mincome) for themselves.
- Launch our crowd fund campaign to further fund development of the decentralized 1.0. But note: we could still use any donation you’re able to give in the interim.
Resources & How To Contribute
We’ve already put a lot of thought and effort into making it simple for anyone to help with the development of Group Income:
- We have a guide on modern frontend development (this guide alone received a lot of attention from across the web).
- We have a simple and clear contribution policy inspired by the wisdom of the late Pieter Hintjens.
- It’s simple to get in touch with our team via our public Gitter chat, which is bridged with our internal Slack.
And I’m working on putting together even more resources and information about the project, including information on the Group Income Developer’s Group, a special group for Group Income contributors that’s sustained by voluntary contributions from the larger network of groups.
In the meantime, if you have questions, suggestions — feel free to let us know in the comments or get in touch with us directly via our chat.
1 thought on “Victor Morrow Joins Group Income!”