Recently we bid farewell to Victor Morrow who’s moved on to exciting new DARPA-related work. Victor is still with us, now in a volunteer capacity. Thanks to his help, we’ve made great progress on Group Income. However, with his departure as full-time contractor, we needed to find someone to fill his shoes.
It was fortunate, therefore, that Tamas Kalman, another volunteer, introduced us to Anikó Fejes, a very talented developer and community organizer from Hungary.
Anikó builds web apps and tech communities in Budapest, Hungary. On the Group Income project, she focuses on keeping the frontend logic readable and maintainable. The rest of her days are spent sharing frontend knowledge by teaching, and organizing local tech events.
Follow @hubudibu for the occasional tweet from her, and @jsconfbp/@cssconfbudapest for updates on her conferences.
With Anikó on board, we were able to bring Group Income to the point where our focus had to shift away from internals and to the UI and UX of the app. In other words, we needed an expert frontend designer, and we found exactly what we were looking for in Sandrina Pereira.
Sandrina is a frontend developer with a great passion for interaction design. She loves to create unique experiences for
users humans like you through the web.
Find her online at: www.sandrina-p.net
With Sandrina’s help, Group Income’s user interface and user experience have greatly matured and improved. We cannot wait to show you what’s in store!
- An update on our progress and pictures from our 2018 Hawaii Hackathon!
- Registering 8 groups to run live tests with the Group Income prototype as planned.
Resources & How To Contribute
We’ve already put a lot of thought and effort into making it simple for anyone to help with the development of Group Income:
- We have a guide on modern frontend development (this guide alone received a lot of attention from across the web).
- We have a simple and clear contribution policy inspired by the wisdom of the late Pieter Hintjens.
- It’s simple to get in touch with our team via our public Gitter chat, which is bridged with our internal Slack.
- Be a backer — donate!